Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Monday April 2, 2012 Class - Cloud-based Telephony

Today we discussed cloud telephony, which is moving company telecommunications to the cloud. By doing this, a company can 1) lower operating costs, 2) offer more and faster customer service, 3) better control over office telecommunication services and 4) de-link people from the office (staff mobility).

Get rid of the fax number and fax machine with an efax service. These services provide you with a personal phone number, will capture your faxes and email them to you.
www.trustfax.com
www.maxemail.com

Put your pbx (private branch exchange) in the cloud. Most companies have a pbx that takes one or more incoming phone lines and links them to an unlimited number of internal extensions. An in-office pbx is similar to a computer. Now there are cloud based pbx systems that allow you to have full control of the company telephone system from anywhere.
www.ringcentral.com

Take "ownership" of your phone number from your phone company. Turn that number into a forwarding number and point it to any number . It can be used to point a number to your cellphone number or majicjack. The underlying phone number can allows change but you can always give out the same forwarding number.
www.parkmyphone.com

One of the best cloud based voicemail systems is: www.youmail.com

5 comments:

  1. I created an account with trustfax.com and it works great. This makes it easier for me handle business with work and personal stuff that I need to send out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was shying away from cloud based technology due to my paranoia and conspiracy theories, but I now realize that if I do not conform I will be left behind. Since I have started a small business dealing with the sell and trade of exotic reptiles i need to be able to communicate with people wherever i am. This means that i need to be able to use my phone to receive info from customers who are on my website or trying to fax me, or ipads ect. I just linked my phone to a few accounts and i also updated my cloud services on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing your course web site about this business. I find it interesting (even though I hate snakes) and I think it could become a very profitable cloud-based business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After being exposed to the cloud I have use many of Pressor Sistrunks knowledge such as Telephony to make my business a more efficient and professionally constructed organization. It will be released at a later date but from speaking with others it will allow my business to thrive in more than just one market. Now instead of just having work here in Atlanta, I will be working out of Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, and San Antonio all while being right in class basically. Innovation is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am among the slower group of individuals to embrace cloud technology. While I am aware of its prospective benefits, and do make use of it on my apple devices, jump drives and email have proved sufficient thus far. As mentioned in other comments however, I do and will continue to handle work in a number of geographical locations and will likely conform simply due to the convenience of it all.

    ReplyDelete