Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chris Carr - Next Generation Flexible Displays


This semester MIS has been one of the most productive class’ in my schedule. Professor Sistrunk has provided us with many different tools to not only generate revenue, but also start to think about how we can change the future by contributing to technology. 

One of the first classes Professor Sistrunk showed the class about a video made decades back predicting that we would have computers, telephones, and fax machines. It was considered absurd to many back then, but it made me wonder what else is on the verge of reality that society doesn’t know about, so I did some research and this is one of the interesting things I found.



This video is about a flexible LCD display that Samsung created in 2011 that I have never before seen. The screen is flexible and can literally be bent in half with no any reprecusions. TO my knowledge this screen was never released but this gave me several ideas that it could be used for. This could be especially useful in the classroom or even in luxury vehicles. Everyone should take a look at this video and understand that the future of technology is moving towards being faster, slimmer, and more mobile and this flexible screen is a perfect example of that.

Here are more links of videos that I found interesting:



No comments:

Post a Comment