Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kyle Brown- Blog March 27, 2012 - Gas Buddy

“Get a Gas buddy App for your Phone”
To all the students and professors who commute to work and school every day by personal vehicle, the GasBuddy App is a must have app for one’s Smartphone. Based upon the 2012 consumer report, there is a forecast that gas prices will increase to about a national average of $3.86 to $4.13 a gallon by this year’s Memorial Day holiday. Economist feel 2012 will more than certainly break all previous gas cost records because of the political tension with Iran and its nuclear program. This crisis will cause all of us to spend hundreds of more dollars throughout the year on gas as the economy continues to improve at a moderate pace.

The GasBuddy App finds the cheapest gas while on the move, and locates closest gas stations and there prices to one’s current location anywhere in the country. Since I downloaded the app it has been not only accurate but has saved me at least $10 in the few months I’ve used it. In taking the MIS course, I have been keener in finding ways to cut my spending. As Professor Sistrunk would say, “saving money is something we all can afford Professor,” so try the app because it is completely free!!


9 comments:

  1. this app is nice I downloaded it and explored some of its features and it is legit. This is certainly needed because paying $4 for gas is just crazy but unfortunately necessary if I'm commuting from place to place. But this will be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. Ive been using Gas Buddy since Ive brought my car down from NJ. Gas is crazy expensive down here compared to back home and will continue to rise during the summer. - Bryan Foushee-Morris

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was much needed info. I live off campus and drive often. It is bad enough spending money on bills and groceries. Saving ten dollars could be very beneficial. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. although I don't drive, this post is still very useful. Gas prices still effect me when I look to put gas in the gas tank of my friends cars whenever I get a ride somewhere or see that they need it. WIth the prices going up that high before Memorial Day, I don't see myself driving anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to have to check out this app on my droid. I drive an SUV so filling up can sometimes be a bit taxing, being able to use an app like this should definitely lighten the burden gas has on my bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a user of the gas buddy app, and i have found it very useful for those who drive to school everyday or for those who have trouble finding cheap gas in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used it quite a few times, and sometimes it is even helpful when you don't know where any gas stations are in the area. It will pinpoint them and direct me to the nearest one. Very convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been using apps simular to gas buddy for a while since gas prices rose. These apps not only find you the best deals on gas which is most helpful but they help you locate the nearest gas station if you don't know where they are. Some apps also help you create a budget and also allow you to calculate how much your drive will cost you in gas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You for sharing this information with us. Please know that I will be sure to download this app like right now. Reading this blog couldnt have come at a better time because I will be traveling (by car) back to New Jersey from Georgia on Friday and I will be needing to save as much money as possible.

    ReplyDelete