Monday, March 12, 2012

Barry M. Benson - Increasing Your Speed in excel

We all know that Microsoft Excel will play an integral role in majority of the careers that we as business majors go into. Even non-corporate jobs require some sort of degree of computer knowledge. As professor Sistrunk always says, we need to develop skills that add value to the companies that we work for. Well having an above average proficiency in Microsoft would add value to any company. Increasing your speed in Excel would make you an above average excel user. The tutorials on the website do help to a certain extent, but it is what is provided. I challenge you guys to go a step further to learn the hot keys and short cuts so that you can navigate through excel much quicker. 

--
Barry M. Benson, Founder
J.Benson & Company, LLC
301.706.0007

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had an interview with a company and the first question they posed to me, was "...are you proficient in excel?". Luckily I have had the opportunity to be forced to learn all the trick and trades that excel has to offer. I ended up getting an offer from the company because of my "efficient display in excel." Professor Sistrunk and this class have helped me develop my computer knowledge along with my budgeting skills from all of the websites and video tutorials presented to us in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete