Friday, February 17, 2012

Nolan Schnepf Post - Google Car


Apparently Google has come out with new hardware and software that works together to drive your vehicle on its own.  The car features a transmitter/receiver that detects other vehicles, objects and people up to a certain distance.  This way the car can brake and avoid potential collisions.  It also uses satellites similar to that of Google earth in order to map out directions.  The car literally starts, makes turns and parks itself.  There is however an emergency override button in the car is not responding correctly.  Finally, it is okay to text and drive.



 

1 comment:

  1. This is crazy yet clever. I think this car would be cool. As the world keeps evolving I am excited to see what the world will look like in 2025. I find it amazing how the technology has evolved over the years. Although this is a good thing I think I may be a little afraid of being left behind. having the proper skills and mindset to keep up can be hinder the growth of people and these more advanced devices and vehicles. From personal experience and everyday observation of people, I don't believe everyone knows there devices and how to fully use and benefit from their devices being i-pods, androids,i-pads,macbooks, i-phones, and ect. I think in order for technology to be fully effective there must be more time efficient ways to learn.Furthermore, having a car that can drive it self is cool but if you don't understand how it works, I wonder is it truly beneficial to its' user.

    ReplyDelete